Friday, February 18, 2011

Blogging Pedagogy

I think that one of the most important things that we need to remember when teaching is to always be developmentally appropriate. We need to include activities and lessons that are on their level. We need to remember how children learn best and teach in ways that they will understand. I really liked the Likely Classroom because it gives great lesson ideas and activities for children. I like how the ideas are divided up on the side based on different teaching topics.
http://likelyclassroom.blogspot.com/

It is also important for teachers to embrace technology in the classroom.  We need to be willing to learn and experiment with new and different types of technology in our classrooms.  The Clever Sheep is a blog that i found that is focused on informing teachers about new types of technology and how to use them in the classroom. This blog has multiple podcasts on a variety of programs that are quick and simple for teachers to understand.
http://thecleversheep.libsyn.com/

The last blog that I found is a blog that is centered around a 5th grade classroom. It is student friendly and often has topics or questions that are intended for the students in her class. She is able to post newletters for the parents and publish students writing all on the same blog. I think thsi is a great way to help the students feel involved in their classroom even when they are not in the classroom. Giving students ownership is very important in the classroom and I feel this is a great way to help students feel involved.
http://feustelblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment